Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in buying some of our certified 100% grass-fed beef for your family? Here are some frequently asked questions we receive that may help you prepare for the purchase!
- How much freezer space do I need?
One cubic foot for 30-35 lbs. of beef. The empty freezer compartment of an average-sized home refrigerator will usually hold 50 lbs. of beef.
- Do your cattle ever receive grain?
No. Our cattle are 100% grass-fed and grass-finished. We have 3rd party certification by the American Grass-Fed Association.
- Do you use any pesticides on your cattle?
We do not use any insecticides, wormers, or any other chemicals on our cattle.
- Do you use herbicides on your pastures or fence rows?
We do not use any herbicides, including Roundup.
- Can I get the organ meat?
Yes, upon request you can get the liver, heart, tongue, and oxtail.
- What breed of cattle do you use?
We use moderate framed Black Angus.
- How long will my beef last in the freezer?
Frozen beef will keep very high quality for up to 12 months if you store it at 0 degrees F.
- How much beef should I buy?
Eating beef twice a week will take a family of four one year to eat a half beef or six months to eat a quarter of beef.
We are glad to answer your questions about grass-fed fed beef. Contact us via email for a prompt response!