You are here: Home FAQ
Here are some frequently asked questions we receive that may help you prepare for the purchase.
1. How much freezer space do I need?
One cubic foot for 30-35 lbs. of beef. The empty freezer compartment of an average- sized home refrigerator will usually hold 50 lbs. of beef.
2. Where is your beef processed?
Our beef is processed at Stehlin’s Meat Market at 10134 Colerain Ave. Cincinnati, Oh 45251. Phone 513-385-6164. Stehlin’s is a fourth generation family owned business that just celebrated their 100th year. They do a great job and are committed to keeping the traditional butcher shop alive in Cincinnati.
3. Where do I pick up my beef?
Stehlins will contact you when ready to pick up your beef.
4. How is the meat packaged?
The meat is packaged in white butcher paper and individually labled.
5. Can I get the organ meat?
Yes, upon request you can get liver, heart, tongue, and oxtail.
6. What breed of cattle do you use?
We use moderate framed Black Angus
7. How long will my beef last in the freezer?
Frozen beef will keep a very high quality for up to 12 months.
8. How much beef should I buy?
Eating beef twice a week will take a family of four one year to eat ½ beef, or six months to eat a quarter